Work towards LAMDA Qualifications in Acting which in the higher levels are equivalent to GCSEs and provide A-level UCAS points
Why have lessons?
- Provide a solid grounding in various styles of performance
- Develop skills in voice, diction and movement Increase literacy skills through interactive and practical based activities.
- Give an opportunity to work with professionals towards monologue and audition preparation
- Don't teach 'play' acting, but are grounded in producing a realistic approach to text by studying the work of influential practitioners
- Encourage children to enjoy the approach to a classic text such as the works of Shakespeare and older Jacobean pieces
- Allow the students to become more confident in themselves and excel in public speaking activities
- Enable students to gain a head start with the study of set texts for GCSE and A-level
Our singing teachers are all highly experienced and our examination results are outstanding, with all our students to date achieving Merit and Distinction.